What’s the Scoop:
Every summer, lo and behold, Nordstrom has their anniversary sale. Sadly, I’m not a cardholder, matter of fact, I don’t even have a credit card. I’m a huge believer of “if I don’t have the money, I’m not buying it!” So I’m an unlucky one who doesn’t get to shop the sale early, but the world hasn’t stopped spinning right? This year, the Nordstrom Anniversary sale runs from July 13-July 20 for cardholders and runs from July 21-August 6, so make that money in the meantime.
Below I’ve highlighted my top 6 picks from the sale when it comes to beauty + fragrance and skincare.
- MAC Look in a Box Nice n Spicy Lip Kit ($36.50): three-piece lip kit featuring everything you need for gorgeous, long-wearing lip color. Including Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Look Out, Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Nice ‘n Spicy, Prep + Prime Lip
- air port pro Makeup Sponge Applicator $35.00: this set includes 2 Beauty Blenders, a cleanser, and a travel bag. Beauty blenders can be used to apply and blend in your foundation, used to apply cream blush, and I’ve recently been using the blenders to apply my moisturizer! They are so universal and definitely one of my favorite sponges.
- Clarisonic Mia Fit Cleansing System (Pink Cleansing System) $146.00 during the sale, $219.00 after the sale: I am a huge fan of Clarisonic cleansers because they don’t break me out, they’re easy to use and this one here is TSA friendly, so easy to take on trips! I had written about my skincare routine last summer, and although my routine hasn’t changed too much, I’ll be writing an updated one for the blog. But in the meantime, you can check out my routine here where I talk about the Clarisonic briefly.
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Set $129.00: Sweet and floral with this one! Flowerbomb has to be one of my favorite scents. This set comes with a 1.7 oz and a 1 oz perfume. A great set to pick up where you can keep one on your dresser/vanity and you can toss the other one in your bag.
- Mario Badescu Icons and Home Away Collection $32.00: If you’ve never heard of Mario Badescu’s Rosewater Facial Spray then you’re pretty much living under a rock. This spray is pretty much my go to when my skin is very dehydrated and dry. This can also be used as a setting spray and you can spray your hair with this too! You get a full size and travel size of the rosewater in this kit and it also comes with the ever so famous drying lotion (also full size + travel size). The drying lotion is a spot treatment for acne! The trick here is to NOT shake the product. Just dip your q-tip and dab on your problem areas/blemishes, and then let it work its magic! This will dry out your pimples overnight– btw, it does contain salicylic acid, so if you’re not a fan, steer clear.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette $62.00: This palette includes three ambient lighting powders. If you’re looking for a J-Lo glow for highlighters, these are more subtle, meaning it’s more of a glow from within. If you want a real blinding glow, but oh so beautiful without chunky glitter or shimmer, check out BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfectors. This palette includes:
– Dim Light: a neutral beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with a perfect balance of warm & cool tones.
– Exclusive Incandescent Light: an opalescent pearl powder that brightens your complexion with a celestial glow.
– Radiant Light: a sun kissed golden beige which enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth & also extends a summer glow.
I would love to know what you’re picking up from this year’s sale. Feel free to share in the comments below! Happy Shopping! xoxo
FTC: This post is not sponsored in any way. On the other hand, if Nordstrom does want to reach out, don’t even hesitate. I’m not obligated to write about this sale nor do I get paid to do so! I speak the truth and nothing but the truth. Thank you for reading and until next time. Feel free to share this post on your social media with a click on one of the links below. Thank you for reading and see you next time!! xoxo